|ENHANCE YOUR GAME....
You will not find any better practice facilities in or around the city of Houston than right here at Golf Club of Houston.
Both our Member Course and Tournament Course boast a 31,000 square foot teeing area to create a double-ended driving range, featuring nine target areas ranging from 100-300 yards. An extensive short game area includes the following:
- Two large practice putting greens:
- The Tournament Course practice green has miniverde bermudagrass and consists of 10,000 sq ft of putting surface that mimics the contours found on the course. In October each year, this green is overseeded with bentgrass, poa trivialis and perennial ryegrass.
- The Member Course practice green has tifeagle bermudagrass and also boasts a 10,000 sq ft putting surface. This green imitates the subtle breaks found on the hard-to-read Member Course greens.
- Two 6,000 sq ft chipping greens with bunkers that provide the practice enthusiast the opportunity to chip shots from all types of lies and be laser sharp from anywhere.
- A 1.5 acre Member Only short game area that accommodates up to a 80 yard wedge shot to a 5,000 sq ft tifeagle burmudagrass green. Members are able to refine their bunker play by practicing out of the 3,000 sq ft of bunkers that surround the green. Tifsport bermudagrass fairways and roughs found on the Member Course were also used for this exciting amenity.